Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Getting Settled

We're really close to being done unpacking. My room full of boxes has decreased in number and size -- from about 70 boxes to maybe 10 or so -- and I can actually walk through the room. My friend Sarah came over last night and helped me with all the books. By this, I mean she actually did all the work, and I opened a box handed her a book and said, "This goes on the red shelf." (That's right, the color coordinated shelves are back!!) But seriously, Sarah is that awesome. Then we had Veggie-Artichoke pizza on a sesame seed crust -- God, I love Buffalo.

The best part about this apartment is I do not feel at all shamed by my apartment -- whereas before I always felt like craptastic apartment smelled bad, could never be organized or neat looking, never was able to be decorated, never clean. Here I feel like everything has it's place and the whole apartment is a breath of fresh air. I love that I've already had company over -- though I made her work. And today Aunt Dode is going to come over, who never even saw my old apartment because I was always too embarrassed by it.

Plus this evening, I think we have managed to line up a maid service to clean the old apartment so we can be out of there for good. Wiping all that bad energy out of my life -- phew!

1 comment:

Literary Auntie said...

I AM that awesome! But seriously, I just went to fondle your books.