Monday, May 19, 2008

Old School

So tonight I had a very special plan to do some scrapbooking and watch a movie. I love scrapbooking. I could easily spend a fortune on it and after seeing my cousin Katie's Scrapbooking Room (!) I started getting some serious life-goal-style dreams on. Of course I also saw some of her scrapbooks, which are SERIOUSLY amazing. Seriously. Still inspiration is inspiration, and I got inspired with a great idea for this bachelorette party that I'm going to. Bachelorette parties are really not my thing -- after all I can count on one hand the amount of times that I have gone out drinking since I graduated college. I actually feel a little sorry for this bride that I'm the one planning it. But then I got this idea, and well... now I'm feeling good about the whole scheme.

Meanwhile, this movie that I was going to watch. Well, it's a craving I've been having for quite a while now so I put it on my Netflix: The Little Mermaid. Now, say what you will but this is an awesome movie and well worth watching as a grown-up. First of all, it's such a blast from the past. Secondly, who's the most handsome man in the world?


(Well next to this guy, anyway.)


(oy, this guy again...)


Sigh.

So in watching this movie, I am reminded that when I was in what, grade school(?) this guy was my ideal. I'm not even kidding you. I very vividly remember watching with my cousins and discussing how Prince Erik was our dream guy. I also remember singing all the songs and my cousins telling me that I was hilarious while reenacting the Ursula songs. I am also reminded by the way that animation is actually pretty crappy compared to the new Pixar stuff. But man! Good times. Sadly, because I started watching this movie at 7:00, my evening is now over and I have nothing else to watch.

2 comments:

Literary Auntie said...

Erik is definitely the dreamiest of the Disney princes. Although the prince from "Sleeping Beauty" was kind of hot too, all angular. But, of course, I was more into Maleficent.

Net Ghost said...

You are a very talented scrapbookista. That book you did of your trip to Italy was amazing! Me, I'm just happy if I get my photos into an album sometime during the year :)