Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Eve

Hi Everyone! So I write this post on the eve of my 30th birthday. I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am!! I decided to take the day off tomorrow. Here are the current plans: sleep-in, read the very best part of Pride and Prejudice (look how that just happened to coincide with my birthday!), get my hair done and possibly some other salon activity, go out to dinner at Bistro Campagne, see Indiana Jones... I really feel like the possibilities are completely endless. Doubtless one of my activities will be blogging, so I shall keep you abreast of the sitaution. I'm sure you will be checking in periodically throughout the day because the number one thought on your mind will be, "I wonder what Alex is doing for her birthday?"

Seeing as how this is somewhat of a landmark year, I've been thinking a whole lot about things that I have accomplished and what the next year will hold for me. I do have this picture of what the next year will mean for me, what my life will be like before the end of next year. Truthfully, I'm not sure how much of that I want to share with anyone (short of Rob who gets to listen to my constant musings and likes to dream away the years with me -- and also who wants to travel with Road Scholar the learning travel company run by Elderhostel). I picture this whole life where I take an extra large step forward in my job, my home and family life and have a working car, but it's pretty hard to describe. Plus, I recently read this article which makes me worry about oversharing in my blog, so I particularly like to be a little private. But I like to think of this blog as sort of the email that I never have time to write. Given the development of my life, I have a lot of friends and family that I don't see too often. Those visits and phone calls that I do have with each of you never seems substantial enough to allow full disclosure of all my daily details. That's why I blog, so you know what's going on in my life.

On that note, I really want to say to all you New Orleanians that we really do miss you all! Normally this is our annual absolute must New Orleans visit complete with family reunion. This year we just couldn't make it and I know it's kind of crappy. It's crappy for us too, because we really miss the fam and home. But I know you all understand that even though it seems like travel should be easy in this here modern day, traveling to NOLA may as well be traveling to the ends of the earth -- especially right now what with the cost of airfare and gas. Ugh. Once we move, we really will have more time and more money to visit.

2 comments:

Literary Auntie said...

Well, I hope you are having an awesome birthday as I type.

Net Ghost said...

Happy Birthday! Welcome to your 3rd decade!