Monday, October 15, 2012

Pumpkiny Goodness




(Yummy.... Pumpkin Raisin Bread with peanut butter and hot tea!)
Ah yes, fall. And to me, fall means only two things. Pumpkin baked goods and doughnuts. So far, I've pinned 5,000 recipes for pumpkin bread/muffins/cookie bars and 5,000 recipes for doughnuts. And another 5,000 recipes for pumpkin doughnuts.
And hey, pumpkin's a vegetable so anything you bake with it is instantly healthy. Right?
I'm sharing my recipe for pumpkin bread for you here. It's amazingly good and easy too. I usually make one loaf for insta-eating and two dozen muffins that I freeze (so I can grab one on my way to work).
Alex's Pumpkin Raisin Bread:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease your bread (or muffin) pans. Mix all dry ingredients first and then add wet ingredients:
3 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 eggs
28 ounces (2 small cans) of solid pack pumpkin
3/4 cup applesauce
2 cups raisins (stir in at end)
Fill loaf pans 2/3 of the way full and muffin tins 3/4 full. Bread should bake for 1 hour and muffins about 30-35 minutes.
I love this bread with a little bit of peanut butter or cream cheese.
***Note to self, do not ask husband to turn off oven when timer goes off when he is in the middle of waiting for Drew Brees to break a record.
***Note to readers, this bread even tastes pretty good when it's overcooked! Still moist!
***Note to Natalie, sorry I said "moist", but it fit.

No comments: