Sunday, April 22, 2012

Spring Cleaning

I know, I know. I promised to blog again. And I should be blogging, because it motivates me to do stuff. But I've been busy doing spring cleaning... for the first time in my entire life. Yup, you read that right. I've definitely been feeling the urge to spring clean, long before spring actually started. With Maddie into so many messy activities lately, it sometimes seems that we've outgrown this apartment. It's definitely not just Maddie, but just a general disorganization that has been stewing for the three years we've lived here. I've been putting away things in cabinets and they're so overloaded that the contents just topple back out on me. I made a huge list, but that seemed to stagnate. Then I saw this idea on Finely Ground that suggests a daily task list. With spring break lasting a whopping week and a half, I was able to tackle a ton! I tackled one room a day with the bigger mess zones broken down into a few days each. Apparently I did a good job because the day I cleaned Maddie's room, she walked in and said, "Wow. Thank you, Mama!" Impressive huh? I still have a few more areas to tackle, but for the most part I'm ready for winter -- which is slated to start tomorrow.

No comments: