Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Playing with Paints and Stencils

A long time ago I had seen a recipe for homemade finger paints on Pinterest. It looked so easy and perfect that I thought I would give that a try and do a little Easter painting.

So Maddie and I made the paints. Then I made some quicky little Easter stencils for her to paint in.


Only one problem, the paint turned out to be almost completely solid (maybe I cooked it too long?). I added a little water so that I could stir in the colors and ended up with a nice soupy mess that was pretty much like painting with jello.


No surprise, Maddie loved it. She made quick work of all the paint and then switched to dropping blobs of paint into a bowl of water. Essentially, she did the dishes for me.


She seems pretty content to just play with water and nine times out of ten, that's what happens with our projects.



In the end, Maddie decided that the best thing to do with these paints was just to dump them and the artwork in a big bowl of water. Well, at least she had fun!
Hmmm, maybe I should try paper maiche next?

No comments: