Thursday, June 18, 2009

This may not be my child

I've decided that if I did not clearly remember giving birth to Maddie that I may be convinced that she is not actually my child. She looks absolutely nothing like me and clearly is not too much like her Mom (short of being brilliant of course.) The main evidence though is that I have never in my life had this much trouble waking up:



Everytime Maddie wakes up she has what we call an "Adjustment Period." There is a great deal of whimpering, wrinkled browing, almost crying, covering of the eyes, giving the "Ay Dios Mio" gesture. Then she wakes up, quickly falls back asleep and eases back into the Adjustment Period again. This is quite a bit like her father, I guess who has always resisted waking up from naps. But nothing like me at all, who has never had any trouble waking up and making a quick transition from sleep to complete wakefulness.

No comments: