Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hello World!

I'm sitting here with a few minutes of absolute quiet and kind of don't know what to do with myself! Rob is napping and so is Maddie (and a pretty sound sleep at that, I might add!) I'm sure she'll be up soon, but I'll take a moment to tell you all how it is going.

We brought Maddie home on yesterday around lunchtime. She's been a perfect baby not just at the hospital but at home too. I could just go on and on about how perfect she is, all her little facial expressions and the little sounds she makes. She loves to pick her head up and look around, which is really weird for a baby so young! And she loves to have her hands by her face and even holds in her own pacifier. See?


My mom helped us get home yesterday, and she has been helping us SO much! Doing cooking and picking up and watching the baby while we take naps. Even shopping for all the little things we didn't know we would need.

Right now I have a little bit of an adrenaline rush. I got two good nights of sleep at the hospital, so last night though I was sleepy I was able to be awake and alert. Rob took the first shift which happened to coincide with Maddie's first thunder storm (she does NOT like thunder). And then I got up just because I wanted too, and wanted to be with her. Then I finally fell asleep this morning while Rob was awake and got to sleep until 10 am! Maddie was up quite a bit, getting used to her new surroundings. Plus she really likes to be held more than lie in her crib -- go figure. We'll see what tonight brings!

1 comment:

kat said...

More! More! (You know, because you are here for my entertainment purposes only :) )