Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Big Stuff in the works!

I keep going to Blogger and staring at my dashboard thinking, I want to write but don't have anything to write about. Maybe it's a combination of not feeling overly creative and a lack of big things going on. Although I haven't been bored, so I don't know what's wrong with me!

However, in the past two days I've been extremely productive and gotten a lot done. Most especially, I think it's safe to say that we found an apartment. Hizzah! Truthfully we found this apartment a few weeks (months??) ago, but we kept sitting on it thinking, is this going to work for us? I've been obsessed with the apartment because I love the layout and size, plus my cousin used to live in the building so I know the building management is dependable. And it is a very sturdy building (i.e. no one can hear the baby cry, let alone the next door neighbor breathe). Rob felt it was a little overpriced and was a little hesitant just because of my current uncertain employment situation. However, I convinced him -- as I always do. Because he loves me. Oh, I forgot he doesn't read this blog, so I don't have to say that. Because he knew I was right.

I called the development company yesterday to see if they still had availability and they told me they had 1 two bedroom apartment available for May 1, and it was first come first serve. So today we dropped off our application and saw the apartment again. The building manager told us that there were 2 other couples interested in the same apartment who had been calling that morning, but unless one of them got their application into the main office before us, we got the place!

I'll find out tomorrow for sure, but the best part of all is that the apartment is ready as of right now, so we can move in during the last week in April. I'm already planning an unpacking party -- i.e. by that point, I may need some help:)

2 comments:

Net Ghost said...

Yea! The apartment sounds great. Plus, with 2 bedrooms, you'll have lots of room. Good luck with the move :)

Sarah K said...

i'll cross a bunch of fingers and toes for you!!