Monday, February 16, 2009

Why is it always the middle of the night?

I've always thought it was kind of funny that most women go into labor in the middle of the night (or at least it seems that way to me). Or that illness always starts in the wee hours of the morning. Obviously this most recent pondering was brought on by something --that's right... I had another episode last night of horrible pain. I woke up at 2:30 and was up until about 8:00 am. It was better than last time, and my doctor had warned me that this was a possibility. Luckily this time I had my trusty Darvocet. Yeah for Darvocet. Darvocet is one of the lovely drugs that can be prescribed for pregnant women (however if I take to much of them Baby F could be born with an addiction, so it's to be used sparingly.)

By 7:30 or so the pain was finally going away, and I was able to get some sleep. Amazingly, when I woke up I felt pretty ok. So still drinking lots and lots of water, and pretty much doing nothing all day.

But seriously, God, is there a ban against having health issues during daylight hours? Maybe I shouldn't have said that -- don't want to court another adventure.

No comments: