Sunday, February 15, 2009

Not fun adventures

So Rob and I got to experience what the Labor and Delivery wing of the hospital is like. In short, not fun. On Thursday morning, I woke up in the wee hours with terrible pains in my side. By 6 am, I called the doctor who told me to come on in and long story short, it turns out that I have kidney stones.

Kidney stones are very common with pregnancy and generally are caused by dehydration. And they are REALLY painful. I spent the whole day and night in the hospital on Thursday where everyone was just wonderful to me. Those nurses are amazing! I am in such utter awe at how kind they can be at all hours of the day, no matter what they have to deal with.

Luckily for me, the pain was managed successfully with a shot and the most horrifying thing thereafter was having an IV in my arm. I got sent home on Friday and have been resting since. I still don't feel great, but I don't feel awful either and no serious pain. So for the next couple of days, I'm just going to be hanging out and drinking lots and lots of water.

1 comment:

Net Ghost said...

You said: "Those nurses are amazing! I am in such utter awe at how kind they can be at all hours of the day, no matter what they have to deal with."

So I guess you were at Sister's. I should tell you some stories about Buffalo General sometime. :)

Glad you're feeling better!