Friday, January 30, 2009

I Got My Journal... FINALLY

As I may have mentioned before, I really wanted this quotable journal that I had seen at Everything Elmwood, but when I went after Christmas they were sold out. So I waited patiently. And I waited. Patiently. Waited. Patiently. While I must say that EE was very nice to me and they took my name and gave me a call on Tuesday saying that it would be in on Wednesday. And then it snowed. A lot. And then our street never got plowed. And then it snowed again. So after 1 month of waiting and 1 month of snow, I finally got my beautiful journal. Here's what it looks like, and it is a monster of a journal. Huge in size and quantity of pages. Plain old inspiration as far as I am concerned.



Plus it was so nice to get out of the house. Despite having to stand in a 4 foot drift of snow to shovel (and I mean this literally) off the passenger side of my car. I got out of my parking space without too much difficulty thanks to the foresight of my wonderful husband who shoveled it on Wednesday and parked next to a driveway. I got to go to the beautiful Everything Elmwood. Then I went over to my Mom's house to "shop" for books in my old room, went out to lunch and then did a quick grocery run for all my Anti-Super-Bowl night food. As a special treat we bumped into my cousin Kate at the grocery. So nice to be back home.

Then by the time I was ready to come home it had started snowing. I almost had two accidents (neither my fault), skidded twice and could barely keep the snow off my car. I got back to a street with no parking spots and Rob in the street pushing our neighbors car out of her spot. I put the car in park, got out in the middle of the street and told Rob to just deal with it. And now I'm not going anywhere for a while. I'm just done.

Next week there are supposed to be two days of semi-warmth, which will at least melt all the white shit away. Do you think any one would find it odd to see a pregnant woman sunbathing on the side of the street on a 38 degree day? I'm in desperate need of some sunshine and cheer.

No comments: