Saturday, March 1, 2008

It's Kinda UnWintery

So technically it's still winter, and there is snow on the ground. But it's gonna be like 50 degrees today! Because Sarah asked, I will blog now.

This morning I woke up to find my Tivo frozen. Does this happen to anyone else? Tivo has been freezing a whole lot more often lately and if you have tivo, you know that the only way you can unfreeze it is by unplugging it. Then you have to go through the start up time again. It's not too bad just a couple of minutes, but seriously, it's annoying. I guess I have to admit it may be time to buy a new Tivo.

We've actually had Tivo for at least 4 years now. It's my favorite technological innovation -- seriously, it's better than the ipod, the macbook, the magic bullet (yeah, that's a mini food processor if you don't already know). If you don't have tivo, you seriously do not know what you're missing.

I've heard some people say that they don't want to watch that much television. But I have a secret for you. Yes you do! YOu want to know what's going on in the world (we tape like 5 news programs during the day, so we can get local, national, international, BBc news, and all kinds of different perspectives.) You want to make sure to get the every episode of your favorite show (even if you only have 1 or 2!). When the phone rings, and you're watching something good, like the Office, you want to be able to pause that show so you don't miss a second. Deaf like me? Rewind so you can hear what you missed.

Also, you know what? We spend less time watching TV since we got Tivo. Because you watch TV more efficiently. No ads, so every show is shorter!

Allow me to tell you the single best purpose for Tivo: LOST. I firmly believe you cannot watch Lost without Tivo. Don't know what the black smoke is? That's because you don't have Tivo. Don't know what was flashed past in the season premiere ads? That's because you don't have cable. Dn't know what Walt said when he appeared to Sharon? Tivo. Don't know what those hieroglyphics mean when the hatch clock times down? You don't Tivo, and also maybe aren't dorky like me and have books on hieroglyphics to look them up.

Tivo has advanced over the past few years though. I think that now they have Tivos that can tape 2 shows at a time. I am all about this. But don't tell Rob (don't worry, he doesn't read my blog). He'll get all excited and go out and buy one right away. I'm just thinking about buying one.... And you should too.

1 comment:

kat said...

if your tivo is starting to freeze, it's about to die. but you an actually send it back to tivo and for $75 they'll send you a series 2 (the one with the dual tuner) and transfer your lifetime service. just check out their website for the right number to call.

(can you tell we just did this in the past year?)