Monday, March 17, 2008

A Happy St. Patty's Day to you!

For some reason this year I am really into St. Patrick's Day. Normally I've never been all that enthused by the holiday, except maybe when I was a kid and we would go see my Dad walk in the parade (after you've been to Mardi Gras those parades are kind of boring, plus it's cold.) I keep thinking if we were in Buffalo we would go someplace to listen to Jackdaw! What better way to spend the most Irish day of the year. If you don't know what Jackdaw is, go here.

But instead of going out and drinking, which I don't do any day of the year actually, I'm sitting at home eating a lovely dinner of yellow rice and fajitas. Yup I'm Irish. The other thing I'm doing is sitting here not watching TV. And not using the phone. And not using my DSL (I'm using the Library's Wireless). This is why you should never bundle all of these services. And also why I should own a cell phone. So that when our Comcast goes out, we can call and report it! Lucky me I live in the parking lot of lovely, wonderful Sulzer Library, 2nd largest library in Chicagoland.

And though I could be reading or writing my actual book, I am instead going to blog! I wanted to let you all know that this week, I've decided to take a cue from one of my favorite blogs, The Collective and am giving myself a little theme for the week at my Recipe Blog. I've decided to write about the people who have most inspired my cooking, and provide you with my favorite recipes from them. Stay tuned! (Second night in a row I'm saying that!)

3 comments:

Literary Auntie said...

I did do the typical Buffalo things of drinking like a fish and watching the parade (and yelling things at the floats). Alas, I did not see Jackdaw, though they did play.

Literary Auntie said...

http://www.ladycatherinebedamned.blogspot.com/

Mr. Darcy seems to support Hillary!

A Fuss said...

I can't tell you how angry I am with Mr. Darcy right now! (Plus I really thought he would be a Republican!)