Sunday, July 8, 2012

Greek Caesar

As with all my recipes, this Greek Caesar Salad was born from a meal that went wrong. I started to make a Caesar salad and realized I was out of lots of stuff. I found myself dumping in herbs that were more Greek than Caesar and Voila! Or should I say Opa!


Greek Caesar Salad:

1. Chop up two chicken breasts into nice thin, bite-sized strips. Toss them in a mixture of 2 Tbsps dill (I used dry, but if you've got fresh, go for it!), 3 minced cloves of garlic, 1 tsp of oregano, and salt and pepper. Fry them in some olive oil until cooked through. Add one sliced onion in the last minute of cooking.

2. Mix salad dressing in a big bowl: 3 Tbsps plain Greek yogurt, a splash of milk (start small and add a bit more if your dressing looks thick. Be conservative and if your dressing gets too runny just add a bit more yogurt.) Add 2 Tbsps dill, 1 tsp oregano, 2 cloves minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste.

3. Toss 1 head of romaine lettuce, torn or cut, with salad dressing. Top with chicken and onions, and a bit of parmasan cheese. This is great with a side of pita (and a dessert of mints!)

No comments: