Sunday, July 29, 2012

Catching Up with Randomness

I have been a sporadic blogger at best this summer, but I am happy to say that my internet is fixed. Hooray! It is so nice to use my laptop to write again, and my connection is even faster than before.  Most of my technology problems are taken care of. My email hacker has been destroyed, but my over-full hard drive still remains.

There are a bunch of random things going on in my life right now. It's a very busy time for me at work. Usually the summer is my catch-up and warm-up season, but this year it seems to be a hectic mess (Ironic, since summer is also our clean-up season). I took one day off this week and returned to a fever pitch of desperate requests from my co-workers as though I had been gone for ages. Learn to live without me folks, because in two weeks I'm going on vacation.

I'm teaching two classes next week and am starting to do all my prep work and supply shopping. Plus I'm tutoring for the rest of the summer. Super fun times! And I'm throwing a baby shower for this lovely lady. And we have family visiting from near and far and of course, Rob's birthday to look forward to.  It's going to be a wild and crazy summer, followed by an even busier fall.

Somehow in the midst of all that, I've made a personal commitment to give up salt and coffee. Wow, I actually just started to type crazy instead of coffee. No kidding. Guess my subconscious is trying to tell me something. My plan is to start detoxing and see how my body reacts. I may ease back into both of these great loves of my life, but I feel like maybe I need to know that I can do it. I was fully committed to this plan until this morning when I started thinking about homemade salsa.... Hmmm.... We shall see.

No comments: