Friday, December 23, 2011

The True Meaning of Christmas

"and the angel of the Lord appeared to them and said, 'Behold, I bring you tidings of great joy.'" I admit I'm picturing little Linus and his blanket in the spotlight right now.

This is quickly becoming my favorite annual post -- the Christmas crèche post.

Here's this year's:




I like to let Maddie play with the crèche and as she plays I try to tell her what it is. This year we really got it.

"It's a barn." "Oh, a barn." "And this is Mary." "Oh, Mary." "And Mary had a baby named Jesus." "Oh, cheeses."

That's Maddie's 'paying attention' response. She's very good at repeating and saying "oh" like you've just said the most fascinating thing in the world.





This year, Maddie decided everyone needed to be in the barn -- (apparently lots of people were inconvenienced by that overbooked in) shepherds, kings, sheep, angels, et al.

She also really upped the joy factor by adding a bunch of jingle bells to the manger. Apparently, Baby Cheeses, there's no room for you in the manger either.

But my favorite thing that Maddie does is show how rambunctious those barn residents were. They seem to be climbing the walls to get some space of their own.







Hope this little reflection helps you find the true meaning of Christmas!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: