This is one of those dishes:
BLT Pasta Salad
(warning!: this is one of my really casual, no measuring kind of recipes!)
1. Cook half a box of rotini (or similar pasta). Let cool.
2. Fry 8 slices of bacon and drain. Reserve a Tbsp of bacon fat.
3. Add one finely diced tomato, 1/4 of a red onion (diced), crumbled bacon, diced fresh mozzarella.
4. drizzle with leftover bacon fat, a bit of olive oil, a splash of lemon juice, salt and fresh pepper.
5. Add in a few handfuls of arugula and toss.
I served this as a side to Mozzarella-Basil stuffed Turkey Kebabs (see Martha Stewart Everyday Food June 2011for the recipe-- they were surprisingly good!)
Maddie got a little confused by the cob holder. And then ate none of this delicious meal. But I enjoyed it!
I may be trying this one for July Fourth. What's more American than a BLT?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone