Monday, August 31, 2009

Mona Lisa Smile

So what have I been doing lately? Trying to catch Maddie's smile on film (or digital media as the case may be). Maddie is smiling all the time now -- except when she sees a camera. She is surprisingly sly with that. So I've been taking lots of pictures attempting to catch one of Maddie's two smiles: simperingly sweet and hugely joyous. Here's the product of my labors:

"Do what now?"

"I'm nervous. What if I don't do it right?"

"I'm a little scared!"

"And a little bored by you."

"I concede. But I will only give a half effort."

And of course my favorites:

"I am so over this."

"I'm done posing for your pictures, and I am not happy with you."

2 comments:

Net Ghost said...

It's hard to get Annie to smile for the camera too (although it's getting easier). Annie often seems to smile when I'm smiling at her, so when my face is behind a camera, she is not as quick to smile. It's fun to try to make the baby smile though, isn't it? :)

Literary Auntie said...

You know, when Izaak was a tiny, tiny baby, I took a picture when he was clearly smiling at me. When I got the film back, and I flipped to that picture, he was making a confused face. I swear, it's the camera's fault! There are little gremlins inside that take away baby smiles.