Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I would give you a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils...

For some reason I am particularly susceptible to the back to school marketing this year. Maybe I'm trying to find an excuse to look forward to summer ending and the thought of school supplies is just too appealing. This morning I heard a teaser for "Back-to-School fashions" on the Today show, and I thought, "Oooh, that'll be interesting."

But the weird thing is, my obsession with back-to-school trends is not idle curiosity but dedicated thought to Maddie going to school. And not just any school, but college! Seriously! I started thinking the other day about how someday I'm going to have to pack her up for college and all the things she'll need for her dorm. I could practically envision the Linens n'Things list -- except Linens n'Things doesn't exist any more. Then today I was trying to remember if I bought notebooks and binders and such prior to going to college, or if I just bought them there. Maybe if I think of these things constantly for the next 18 years I'll still be "with it" enough to advise my daughter once she actually finishes with kindergarten, elementary school, middle school and high school. It's best to be prepared.

Oh, and speaking of obsessive. I picked up my 483 pictures today from Walgreens. Not a bad one in the bunch.

No comments: