So this morning I told Maddie we were making robots and we hopped into my stash of trash.
For this project I pulled out not only a bunch of cardboard rolls but also a supply of odd boxes, bottles and bags so Maddie could pick her robot parts.
We also needed tissue paper, construction paper and craft supplies for decorating.
Maddie chose an old (and clean) plastic produce container for her Robot's body.
Using an exacto knife I put two x's in the bottom and slipped in some rolls for legs. Then I repeated on the side for arms.
Meanwhile Maddie got to work on her robot decorations. Here she is practicing her cutting skills. She's very serious.
She wanted her robot to look like her. Success. After she was done using glitter glue, googly eyes and sparkly pompoms to decorate some paper, we glued them onto our robot body. We used a small plastic pint for the head. Hot gluing was required!
It was fun, so we made a robot friend (this time out of tissue box). Maddie calls them Mike and Sully.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone