Friday, June 8, 2012

Maddie's Big Birthday Gift




Yup. You know you're a big kid when you have a "bike." and you know you're daddy's girl when... Well, do I need to say anything more?

Maddie started asking for for a purple "tree cell" quite a while ago. We had decided to get her one and was looking around everywhere for a purple tricycle that was a real tricycle (not a big wheelie or cheapy plasticy thing). We finally settled on this Radio Flyer. Let's face it -- the girl loves pink.

Then Maddie stopped asking for a tricycle and started asking for princess anything. I kind of thought she forgot and was pleasantly surprised when I saw how happy she was to receive it.




Rob helped Maddie try it out on our awesome hallway.

Maddie asked Rob, "Where did you get this for me?"

He said, "A store."

Maddie: "Didn't they have a purple one?"

Rob: "No, they didn't."

Maddie: "Why didn't you go to a different one?"

Sigh. Guess she remembered. But she does like it. She's talked nonstop about it and did pretty well learning to ride it. I think the princess basket and princess bell (and princess helmet that GG gave her) are just icing on the cake.



So that's my big kid. Stay tuned for more about tomorrow's party! You'll never guess the theme...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: