Friday, March 9, 2012

Popular

Well, that was a nice little hiatus there. I've been getting ready for a very big work event that is taking place tomorrow. At this point, my roll in the action is pretty much done and I feel strangely unsettled with having free time again. My mind keeps reeling, thinking what should I be doing??

Hopefully you'll see more from me here soon. But in the meantime, one interesting thing has happened throughout my work activity. I try never to talk about work, but this isn't actually about work. It just happened there, so here's the scoop.

I have been very lucky to meet and come to know a wonderful family of women. This family is just all around lovely and welcoming, and surpris surprise, I bump into members of their family all over the place. Yesterday, one of the women said to me, "Has my sister given you her pitch yet? She wants you to send your daughter to her kids' school."

This left me feeling a complete mix of emotions:
1) Wait, my daughter is not old enough to be looking at grade schools. Seriously, she's still a baby, right?
2) Should I be looking at schools? How does one even do that?
3) Hehe, I'm popular! I know how the admissions circuit works -- trust me there's always one family that a school is anxious to get. That crops up in the admissions room, over and over. And yes, this family did mention it again twice today. Maddie's officially being courted.

Then again, I always knew she would be popular.

No comments: