Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Ash Wednesday!

Hmmm, that doesn't sound right. I want to share a bit about our Mardi Gras even if it is a bit late.




Maddie, her grandma and I made Mardi Gras masks (just cardboard, construction paper and random craft supplies). I cut myself no less than twice. Nice!



Maddie's got her eye on you.



My mom, hard at work after two attempts at Fascht Nachts. (Turns out you should read directions when you only cook something once a year).



These things are delicious coated in cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar.


Maddie liked them so much she apparently took a bath in them.

And yes, Rob did eat his alligator Po-boy, though I did notice it was only a small one and he ate a big heap of my jambalaya.

Also, Wegmans has a pretty good king cake for those of you locals.

Laissez les bons temps roulez! Um, actually no... Time to repent.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: