Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding Day!! Hooray!

I love the royal family, always have! I vividly remember Sarah's wedding and fuzzily remember Diana's. My cousins and I used to pretend to be the princesses and followed their every move in Star magazine.

Needless to say, I've looked forward to this day for a long time. While I haven't been obsessing, I do really like Kate (and her sister, Pippa, too!)

So I had planned to get up and watch the wedding part depending on Maddie's night of sleep. This week she's surprised me by being ridiculously clingy and not sleeping well at all. So I thought I would allow myself to sleep until 5 or 5:30.

Surprise! Maddie woke up at 2:30 am and put up a ridiculous struggle to stay awake. Guess she really wanted to see the wedding! At 4:30 ish, I caved and brought her out to watch the festivities. She cuddled for about 30 minutes before she started cranking demanding to watch Dinosaur Train. Back to bed she went and finally fell asleep.

So yup, I watched the whole thing (though I did fall asleep during one of the really long songs). What a beautiful wedding and a gorgeous bride!

By the way, Maddie chose to wear purple today. I guess she's feeling her royal blood.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: