Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Brought to you by the letter A...

As in Pain in the A.... Yesterday I cut my finger on the letters on my Mom's car. So if I die or loose a finger, you will all know why.

In other news, yes, Maddie slept through the night. I put her down at 11:00 pm and she slept until 6:00 am! I heard her give a cry at midnight, but realized that she was just fussing in her sleep as she often does. So I fell back asleep fully expecting to be wakened shortly there after. When I woke up at 6:00 am to perfect silence, I was completely shocked and terribly worried that 1) something was wrong or 2) I had magically slept through her crying during the night and she had finally just given up. But when I went in to check on her, she was still asleep though flailing about in her sleep (also as she often does).

Sadly, I cannot possibly expect a repeat performance. She has slept much of today also -- a nap in the morning and then a really long nap in the afternoon. And though she does sleep more than stay awake, I think it's likely that she is just getting caught up on sleep after such a long weekend of excitement and visitors. You've already seen a lot of pictures of our week, but here are a few more that I think are really cute:


Black cat finds a new friend in Chris.


Maddie isn't at all scared of the muppet. We think she really does believe it's her Dad.


Natalie and I at the lake.


Rob, Natalie & Baby, Green Dad and Chris.


Aunt Nanny and Maddie.

1 comment:

Sarah K said...

i wonder what babies dream about? bottles and nipples, i'm sure. and muppets. ooh, my word verification is "eaters"! not sure if that refers to the babies and bottles, or the muppets and babies.