Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday Morning

We have a little tradition around here that my husband lives for: newspaper and coffee.




When Maddie was born my mom gave me her old copy of The Mother's Almanac. In that lovely 1970s book was this awesome pre-reading activity:


Give a child a newspaper and some markers and tell her to find all the A's in the headlines. Maddie likes to choose a different color and use it to highlight each letter.

This captures her attention for hours as we work through the alphabet.

And as for the coffee part... Well, for lent I gave up sugar, milk and wheat. Subsequently I gave up coffee, since I can't drink it straight up. But the other day, I found this Happy Drink recipe. The verdict is still out, but it's better than nothing!

1 comment:

Literary Auntie said...

I just love Sunday morning routines...