This recipe is for Greta!
I've tried to make Jambalaya from scratch before but it always comes off wrong-- either it takes Forever! Or it just tastes unbalanced.
I had planned another go when my daughter got sick and really didn't want Mommy to be in the kitchen cooking. Of necessity came this quick version.
1. In a rice cooker prepare a batch of brown rice. (I used 1 cup of rice with 2 cups of water.)
2. Broil 4 andouille sausages, and then slice.
When those two things are done...
3. Dice one large onion and one green pepper, sauté in olive oil for about five minutes. Add a minced garlic glove (I use a micro grater to mince mine right over the pan).
4. Add sliced sausage and toss together on high.
5. Add 1 cup of water and 1 tbsp tomato paste. Season with Tony Cachere's seasoning.
6. Add rice, stirring to blend until water has evaporated.