Saturday, March 16, 2013

Cajun Fried Rice (or Quick Jambalaya)




This recipe is for Greta!

I've tried to make Jambalaya from scratch before but it always comes off wrong-- either it takes Forever! Or it just tastes unbalanced.

I had planned another go when my daughter got sick and really didn't want Mommy to be in the kitchen cooking. Of necessity came this quick version.

Cajun Fried Rice

1. In a rice cooker prepare a batch of brown rice. (I used 1 cup of rice with 2 cups of water.)
2. Broil 4 andouille sausages, and then slice.

When those two things are done...
3. Dice one large onion and one green pepper, sauté in olive oil for about five minutes. Add a minced garlic glove (I use a micro grater to mince mine right over the pan).

4. Add sliced sausage and toss together on high.

5. Add 1 cup of water and 1 tbsp tomato paste. Season with Tony Cachere's seasoning.

6. Add rice, stirring to blend until water has evaporated.

And serve!

No comments: