Saturday, November 21, 2009

Long Time No See

Look how long it's been since I've blogged! It's been a pretty crazy time, mostly work related. Maddie's great, she loves playing with her books and her crazy pink kitty-cat. And actually she's fascinated by real cats now.

I had a fun little scare on Thursday. I went to work, same old same old. I hadn't had too much sleep the night before and knew I was just feeling off. But once I got to work I started feeling just awful and the dreaded kidney pain started kicking in. So I went home after only about an hour, thinking maybe I was just sleep deprived. But by the time I got home I was in way too much pain, so I called Rob and had him take me to the ER. Fun times. After about 2 hours, they finally gave me some pain medicine and did a quick emergency surgery (outpatient kind of thing). I got to go home about 8, and have really felt about 90% better ever since. I have to go back on Tuesday for another little surgery and then I should be Thanksgiving ready.

But meanwhile my back feels like its going to pop out of alignment. So that's fun. But hey, I have hydrocodone now. So, yeah...

2 comments:

Literary Auntie said...

Holy crap, Alex!

A Fuss said...

I'm blaming it on our choice vocabulary from Wednesday night.