Friday, September 18, 2009

Going Back to School!

So I have really good news! I've accepted a position at my alma mater -- Mount Saint Mary's high school! I'll be doing Public and Alumni relations. The whole thing came about rather out of the blue. As you'll remember I was particularly into Back to School stuff this year. And yes, I admit I was checking out MSM's website for a certain Class of 2027-er. Next thing I knew a friend notified me that the Mount was looking for someone for a PR position. Everything just seemed meant to be.

The best part is that the position has some flexibility in scheduling. I'll be working some of my time from home which allows me to be here for Maddie, my biggest concern in any job search. My Mom is going to be watching Maddie while I'm at work so I know she'll be well taken care of (though admittedly I've shed a few tears about leaving her even for a moment!) I just keep reminding myself, I'm getting her school all ready for her -- 18 years from now.

2 comments:

kat said...

this is awesome news! congrats!

Net Ghost said...

Wow, what great news! Congratulations.