Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Old Lady

As many of you loyal blog-readers know, I have had a bad back for quite a while now. Over the past year, I was in worse shape than usual with several episodes of slipped discs and terrible pain. Rob and I had our suspicions that perhaps it was our bed which was starting to seem rather uncomfortable. Then we moved into our new apartment and noticed that our mattress was not only uncomfortable, it was lumpy. We each tried sleeping at strange angles and regular rotations of the mattress, but alas there was no relieve. Truly I was sleeping with metal coils digging into my hips. I could feel my hips bones loosing all padding and the bones of my body just rubbing on each other (in my medical opinion).

So we caved. We bought a new bed, just 1 short day after my last post -- but a necessary expense. And it is LOVELY. I have not had a single second of back pain since. It feels so decadent to climb into that lovely fluffy bed and drift off to sleep.

Except this morning, I woke up at 6:30 am unable to sleep longer because my hips were again bugging me. This time there was no metal stabbing involved. I think it may be time to admit that I have arthritis. Is it too early in my life for something like that?

In other news, I have just discovered vitamin water and would like to thank God for this wonderful invention which has gotten me through the past day.

1 comment:

kat said...

I've had arthritis since high school, so no, I don't think you're too young :)