Sunday, December 14, 2008

I have got to be the only one, right?

I really don't like water. I don't like the taste, I don't like the texture (that may not be the right word??), I don't like having to drink it. I would rather drink anything else in the world -- with the exclusion of carbonate things -- than have to drink water. In fact until August I was pretty much only drinking coffee. That may not be the most brilliant thing, but it tasted better.

Now, I'm actually in a position where I'm supposed to drink more water, and I inwardly sigh every time I look at a glass of water. It may partially be the aversion I have to my apartment. I mean, maybe I have created some aversion to the tap water that I imagine coming from this particular apartment. I don't seem to have problems drinking water other places. When we go out to dinner, I'll drink at least 3 glasses to the point of annoying the waiters. And when I was at Gram's last week I drank no less than 7 glasses, but here can't stand it!

In fact now I'm going to force feed myself 30 ounces just to make up for the lack of water I drank today. Ick.

3 comments:

Net Ghost said...

Same issue here. My problem is I forget to drink the water, especially when I'm running out the door in the morning to catch my train. But the alternative is passing out (had two near-incidents of that over the last month). So drink up. :)

A Fuss said...

Oh, I heard that fainting thing is common around now. Today I tried adding lots of ice and some lemon and managed to down more than I usually do, but still not exactly my favorite thing.

Literary Auntie said...

I like to put the water in the fridge - it takes out some of the "mineral" taste. Then again, I really like water.