Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Confession

I'm a news junkie! I've realized this over the past month or so. I can't wait for lunch each day so that I can check out CNN or even settle for the headlines that pop up when I look at my AOL account. The democratic primaries have really inspired me to kick it up a notch. I see 2 article titles that I can pretty much tell will be the same AP story, but I still read them both just in case.

Then I get home from work and watch the news with Rob and I get sooo emotionally involved that he has to pause the tivo so that I can comment on various news stories, fact check them or question their validity or value. Well most people watch the national news in 30 minutes it takes us 45.

The thing that is shocking about this, that would throw my Mom and brother into a tizzy, is that I always hated the news. Hated it! I use to feel utterly sick when the news was on. I would run in the other direction at 6:30 each night. And really, the comics and the wedding section is all that ever got any pageturning when I was near the paper.

I write this post today, only because I've suddenly realized today that it's true, grown-ups watch the news. And I am officially a grown-up.

No comments: