Saturday, November 17, 2012

Her Own Experiment




Maddie set up her own science experiment today. And let me tell you, it was multifaceted.

First, she got some cups of water and put coins in to see if they floated. Hypothesis: they will sink. Conclusion: they sunk.

Second she put pieces of marker-colored coloring pages in the water and discovered the water changed color.

All I had to do was ask her why, and she started trying to use pieces of paper with different colors in different cups (I.e. a red page in one cup, a green in another). She even tested what would happen if she put two colors in the same glass. (I'm thinking a paper making craft may be in our not too distant future.)

It's pretty gratifying to see that she's interesting in experiments and can even set something up by herself to test her ideas.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: