Tuesday, May 15, 2012

BBQ Pork - 3 Easy Meals

This is super simple. Seriously. Ready for recipe?

Put two pork tenderloins in your slow cooker with one bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (I use Wegmans Memphis BBQ -- delish!) Cook on low for 8 hours. Yup, that's it. And from that bounteous gluttony you can make the following:

  • Shredded Pork Sandwiches: Shred up a third of the pork (easy since it was slow cooked) and pile high on a nice kaiser roll, top with some extra sauce. Serve with cole slaw (on top of the sandwich or on the side). I like to buy broccoli slaw which I toss with olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Or sometimes I serve with shredded carrots tossed with mayo, lemon juice and raisins.

  • BBQ Pork with Garlic Mashed Potatoes:



    Boil some potatoes and mash with minced garlic and sour cream. Top with a few large pieces of your pork. Drizzle with extra sauce and top with some shredded cheddar. (hmmm... There should be a veggie here. Baby carrots work!)

  • BBQ Pork Tacos: offer all your favorite fixings but I prefer shredded cheddar with guacamole and diced tomatoes on flour tortillas. Yum!

    See, super easy. And barely no cooking whatsoever.

    - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
  • 1 comment:

    Katie said...

    Thanks for sharing this! Ever since we saw the pic of the potatoes, I've been meaning to ask for these recipes!