Monday, September 27, 2010

Hunting and Gathering

All summer long Maddie and I were in a nice routine. We would go to the park and go on the swings, which Maddie loved so much that she would point at them from blocks away. After we had swung for a while, she would point at the big kid swing and that was my queue to hold her in my lap while I swang. Then we would head home.

A couple of days ago, I took Maddie for a quick walk, put her in the swing and discovered that she was so over that. She didn't want to be in the swing. She wanted to be on the go.

So instead today, we went to the park and walked around on a scavenger hunt. Maddie collected: 3 acorns, one empty acorn cap, one orange flower, one tiny piece of gravel, one shiny black rock, and 57,000,000 rocks. All of which were handed to me and expected to be held onto with the proper respect deserved of these precious gems. Can't wait to see what we find tomorrow!

***In other news, I am feeling better. Thanks to all for the well-wishes. This round of sickness has made me wonder. Rob gave me this cold, but he doesn't complain as much as I do or appear to be as sick as I do. So does that mean that I'm whinier? Wimpier? or Sicker? I vote for sicker. Because let's face facts, I'm the Mommy in this family. And Mommies are tough cookies.

No comments: