Saturday, June 12, 2010

Summer Plans

Every Fall I seem to lament the passing of summer without my really noticing it. Last year, I was a new enough Mom to be pretty conservative about leaving the house. I was always worried about the sun being too strong or given the weirdness of last summer, the rain coming on suddenly. All in all it didn't feel very summery.

This year I've decided to set some simple goals for myself and hopefully if I hit all of them, I'll at least have some sense of accomplishment and time-preservation. Here's my list:

* Go on a picnic
* Take Maddie to the zoo
* Go to Shakespeare in the Park
* Spend at least one long weekend at the cottage

4 comments:

Literary Auntie said...

You and I, we should go to Shakespeare Park TOGETHER. Some wine, some cheese... a baby. Oh, and maybe Rob?

A Fuss said...

Sweet! Did you that much ado about nothing is set in the 1940s and Macbeth is an all-female cast?

Net Ghost said...

Hmm. These plans don't include "surviving an earthquake"! :) You'll have to add it to the list.

Literary Auntie said...

I did see that - and Much Ado About Nothing is my favorite Shakespeare.