Friday, April 18, 2008

A New Observation

I always watch people on my morning train commute, much like my friend Literary Aunt. I try to see what books people are reading, what people are knitting, what people talk about on their cell phones. Mostly, I like to look at what people are wearing and I often pick out in my mind what outfits I would like to own (more than which outfits I hate!)

In the past two weeks I have had quite a few episodes of this....

So this morning this woman gets on the train. She's wearing a really nice jeans - top - springy jacket combo, all perfectly tailored. Her hair is nicely cut, her makeup tastefully applied. All of a sudden she puts her hand out to grab the post and hold on, and I am absolutely shocked. Her hands are the most manly hands I have ever seen. First I do a double take -- is she a he? Then I check out the man next to her -- nope his hands are less manly. Guy sitting next to me, less manly. Guy across the aisle, less manly.

Now, this one incident just interesting. But I'm not kidding, it's happened at least 3 times this week.

No comments: