Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Princess Party -- The Sequel

Remember how last year Maddie wanted a princess party? Well, surprise! She wanted another one this year.

Since I used up all my ideas last year, I scoured the internets searching for inspiration and came up with a few new ideas.

This could be no generic princess theme; this girl knows all the Disney princesses and expected them all to be in attendance.




Starting with decorations. I made accordion rosettes out of construction paper and glued on little medallions of each princess (plus Mulan and Pocahantas, if you're technical.) These graced our side board. On the mirror, I used a dry erase marker to write "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?"


And of course we needed to have Tangled lanterns for the back deck.



My favorite touch was the poison apple buffet: four varieties from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory including Apple Pie and Cheesecake. Yum!


We also tried to theme-ify Maddie's favorite food. Ariel's Shells and Cheese, Aurora's Magic Forest (broccoli!), and this Pinterest fail: Snow White's Gems (pictured much better here).


For fun, I made Maddie a play castle out of cardboard boxes, poster board and pink duct tape.



And as a party game, we played Under the Sea. I tossed a bunch of dollar store toys (bouncy balls, animal forks --or dinglehoffers, thank you!-- gem ice cube thingys, beach toys, etc...) into Maddie's Princess pool and filled it with water. I topped that with heaps of blue and green ribbons (waves and seaweed, get it?).


The kids really seemed to have fun digging in the water and kept throwing things in to find them again.

And that's the party. I'll try to post some pictures of the birthday girl and her guests soon, but I have to check with the official party photographer first (aka Dad). The funny thing is that there are still nine more days until her actual birthday. More celebrating to come!

2 comments:

Literary Auntie said...

That's pretty amazing.

Meghan said...

Can I hire you for my next party? You did a remarkable job with your little girl's party.