Saturday, October 8, 2011

Butterflies

Today, Mom took Maddie and I to the Butterfly Conservatory in Niagara Falls. I haven't been there since it opened in the 1990s. Seriously this place is awesome! And 2 1/2 is the perfect age. Perfect.




The butterflies are just beautiful. Sadly this is one place where my iPhone camera just wasn't sufficient. I really wanted so many pictures that I just couldn't get. And as you'll notice in these pictures, the butterflies are not easy to see.

But first, let me tell you that in order to go, you must bring:



"Noculars".

It makes it much easier to search for those butterflies.

















"Butterfly! Right dare!"

There were butterflies everywhere, and of every shape, size and color. (again this does no justice!)










Did you know butterflies eat oranges?

We all had butterflies land on us:








And Miss Maddie attracted a black and white polka dot one who wanted to say hi. ("Right dare! Right dare!")

And luckily Grandma got us a butterfly to take home:





Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: