Friday, February 18, 2011

Tomato Pepper Relish

I haven't done this for a while but I'm posting a recipe. Bad photography and all.

Tomato Pepper Relish:





This recipe started with Martha Stewart Everyday Food's recipe for Tomato Eggplant Relish. Since I don't care for eggplant I started substituting and then just kept going.

It was super easy and delicious (clearly as I keep crappy recipes to myself). Here you go:

Tomato Pepper Relish:

1can whole tomatoes
4-6 cloves garlic
1 red pepper
1small onion
1Tbsp olive oil

Super easy instructions:
Pour out can of tomatoes onto a rimmed baking sheet. Break up tomatoes. Add garlic cloves unpeeled and red pepper, chopped. Roast at 450 degrees for about 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes, take out pan and fish out garlic cloves. Use flat side of knife to peel cloves and toss them back in the mix.

Purée have the sauce in a food processor and then add it back to the rest of the sauce. At this point, you can store sauce in the refridgerator or even freeze it.

Before serving, saute one chopped onion in olive oil. Add sauce and season with salt and pepper to your taste. I add in a little bit of the water from the pasta to make it adhere to the pasta better.

I served this with rigatoni and feta as Martha suggested. Delish!





No comments: