Saturday, August 21, 2010

Home Issues

Back when I was pregnant, I made an amazing discovery. If you clean on a regular basis, cleaning is easy. [Mom, I don't remember you ever teaching this to me! ;) ] Sadly, it's been a difficult summer. During the month of August I don't think I have dusted, vacuumed or even picked up more than once. Time just got a way from me. Maddie has been going to Grandma Day Camp, which takes away the motivation of company and well -- that's it. So I finally dug in and did a full house cleaning.

I hereby swear never to let it get out of hand again.

I read an awesome article in Real Simple Family about organizing children's spaces based on age bracket. Did you know that you should sort out toys by developmental skill for babies and toddlers? Apparently, putting un-alike toys together in one big bin can lead to overwhelming distraction. So Maddie's toys have been regrouped into stacking/sorting, moving/noisy and chewy toys (yes, we have a lot of chewy toys -- great for when teething. Amazingly in one day, Maddie has become re-interested in toys.

And then there are crayons. The toy that apparently needs no organizing.


The blur would be Maddie's arms scattering all crayons.

A close-up of the nibbles.

No comments: