Thursday, March 11, 2010

Babysitting

My brother and his wife are in town today to see my grandma, and while they are at the hospital I am watching my niece Annie and of course, my own darling Maddie. I must admit, I was a bit nervous about this --seeing as I have proclaimed to several friends who have twins what saints they must be, and several friends with two young ones that they must be crazy. I myself have no intentions to have a second child until this one is potty-trained!

But to my surprise, Miss-I-Never-Nap instantly dozed off, and my niece gave me a look like "If you don't lay me down, I'll just fall asleep sitting up." And Voila! I've got one baby asleep on a bear-skin rug in front of me, and one asleep on the couch behind me. For more than 1 whole hour. How crazy is that? And Annie's parents will probably be back in about 30 minutes or so. I'm actually a little bored!

I wonder if I could borrow Annie more often. Do you think it would help Maddie figure out that NAPS ARE GOOD? Although to give credit to my daughter, she was the one who seemed to have inspired Annie.

1 comment:

Net Ghost said...

We do rent Annie out for parties.