Monday, October 27, 2008

So What's New?

Sorry I haven't been blogging lately. I just plain old haven't felt like it. I feel kind of misplaced lately. I'm very happy to be in Buffalo, but can't seem to bring myself to unpack. Meanwhile, I have been working from my couch for lack of desk chair to give support to my poor weak back, and feeling like a schlump all day.

Last week I had to go to Chicago for a week, where I was kindly hosted by two of my co-workers and worked in a normal office all week. And what I have discovered is that work is pretty much the same. And I have now found one teeny-tiny reason to be sad to leave Chicago -- they are opening a Smoothie King in OHare airport. That's right Terminal 1, B concourse near security 3.

In other news, Rob and I are discussing taking a trip to Disneyworld in 2010 in honor of Rob's mom. And we have decided that, what the hell, we'll stay at the Polynesian Village. Because if we're flying to Florida we might just as well go to Hawaii too, right? Any body else want to join in? Fussell family trip anyone?

3 comments:

Net Ghost said...

Don't be too sad - they may have opened a Smoothie King near O'Hare, but it wasn't a Jamba Juice.

(Jamba Juice still only has one location in Boston, and it's somewhere on the campus of BU).

And as for Disney, you already know what Jim thinks of Florida. :)

A Fuss said...

But seriously -- Smoothie King is just so incredibly much better -- Kat, back me up here!!

kat said...

it's too true - jamba juice can't even compare to the awesomeness that is smoothie king.