Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Argh... Yawn

This week has been rough! I'm guessing it has been for a lot of you out there, because the internets seem to be pretty quiet lately.

This week Rob has had to work a lot of mornings. These can be tough for us because it means if we're going to eat together we have to eat as soon as I get home, so he can go to bed super early. Then I spend the rest of the night tiptoeing around because I feel so bad for him having to get up at 3 or 4. To heighten the intensity of this weird schedule we also had horrifying thunder and lightning last night. I thought I was going to die at least 2xs, one of which was when I think I saw sparks coming out of our air conditioner, the other of which was at 2:30 am. AND (though not a hardship) the Cubs-Brewer series is ongoing, which gets both of us pretty excitable and thus makes it harder to fall asleep. Jeez, it's tough when you're winning all the time. Sorry Brewer fans. Oh, wait I don't know any Brewer fans.

So last night, I get home at 6:12 pm with a plan to a) order pizza (haven't had time to go grocery shopping and been out of food for the past week) and b) do yoga (cause I'm a good girl and my back hurts). So I have the phone in hand to call in the pizza order and am pulling out the yoga mat when I notice a message on the machine. From my landlord. That he is showing our apartment at 6:30 pm. We spend the next 10 minutes scrambling to pick up (we are a little messy!) while I him-and-haw over dinner. If we have to leave the apartment, we can't order pizza until later and by then Rob will have to go to sleep, and we can't cook because we don't have food, and we can't go grocery shopping because we can't bring groceries in while people are seeing our apartment.

That's when I said F*@! it, we're going to Spacca Napoli. Best damn pizza ever. Their special last night? Bianco nero: white pizza with Buffala Mozzerella, Porcini Mushrooms, White Truffle Oil and Black Truffle infused Fior di Latte Mozzarella. Tell me where else you can find that. Tell me.

1 comment:

Net Ghost said...

Is Spacca Napoli the place you took us when we were in town last? That sounds like not a bad alternative to not eating dinner :) (or cooking. or ordering pizza. or anything)